Saturday, May 11, 2013

Wish You Were Here

I was doing just fine right up until I sat down on the turkey feeder and cried.

We were at King Oak for the weekend fence-judging. Had a good Saturday: ran into friends, better weather than feared, watches lots of lovely horses and minimal issues, and I said to a couple of people and meant it 100% that I was looking forward to going home and riding Tucker, but that I wasn't sad he wasn't there.

Then I walked the Training course after dinner - to stretch my legs and for old time's sake - and got halfway around, walked up to the turkey feeder and remembered staring it down through bold-pricked ears, three-two-one-ing that quick sturdy stride, and the homesickness took me off my feet.

I regret nothing. We are doing what we need to do, and I want it, and I want a longer more sustainable game. If and when I come back to eventing, I want it to be something other than a scrambled-for passion.

Even so. Still and all. I am not sorry I'm not riding this weekend. But yeah, I wish Tucker were here.

3 comments:

  1. *big hug* you guys have each other, that's important

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. That is very much the important part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( You made this decision for a reason, and it will all come back just like you want. Don't worry!

    ReplyDelete