Lots to write about -- easing back into dressage schools and why am I
sitting way right again?, that Working Trot reread and bookpost that I
have been meaning to do, walking away from your passions, and a bloggy
getting-to-know-you award thing -- but little time, so for right now you
get links instead.
The recipients of the Area 1 Scholarship Program for 2013 were name-checked in the latest issue of Optimum Minutes
(top of page 4). I am excited about this year's selections! Reading
and wrangling over the applications was a ton of fun and I was really
pleased and impressed with the range of proposals that we received and
the love of horse and sport that was clearly behind 'em. We were able
to fund people this year for ICP certifications and Pony Club camp and
for other lessons and clinics to a variety of ends. I cannot wait to
see the outcomes.
Suzanne's essay -- readable at her blogpost here
-- happened to be one of the first that I read and its thoughfulness,
hope, and sincerity filled me with warm fuzzies. We had an additional
scholarship this year sponsored by the Area 1 Adult Riders Program; this
seemed like the perfect fit. Suzanne has a write-up of her experience -- a three-day clinic in jumping and sports psychology with Andrea Waldo -- at her blog and I would encourage everyone to go give it a read.
I wish H/J had more fun scholarship things
ReplyDeleteWhat are the chances that I found your blog within a few hours of you posting this... I hope you know that I am extremely grateful for having the chance to complete the terms of the scholarship.
ReplyDelete<3 Working Trot. :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you mentioned Suzanne's blog - boy can I relate to fear issues!
I loved her post! Gave me a lot of food for thought.
ReplyDelete