Friday, May 9, 2014

Three Things Before The Weekend

1) Do any of you folks want a purple livestock marker?  Thought I was ordering one (and thought it was a little bit spendy, but this week I am okay with paying the convenience tax rather than figuring out how to fit a Tractor Supply run into my schedule).  Turns out that I ordered a dozen, sooooooo...hit me up if you'd like one shipped your way?

2) My weather-related concern for the LD has shifted from, "Sure hope it's not cold and rainy all ride; that would be miserable to," to, "Wow, warmest day so far this spring, huh?  That'll be fun."  Shouldn't be a big deal.  I'm planning to take it easy anyway, Tuck has good recoveries and Amanda has very generously agreed to crew for us, and frankly I could stand to hike/jog a couple of miles.

Which turns my primary concern into, what should my footwear be for the ride?  I've still been riding in my beloved winter boots, which are not exactly ideal for 75degF.  Guess I'll try my Terrains and half-chaps on tonight and see if they still fit.  I actually have a new pair of running shoes, but the idea of riding with sneakers in uncaged stirrups gives me hives.  At least I don't have to worry about tying jackets to the saddle!

3) This time last year, I was making a billion obsessive packing lists.  This year?  Reverting to my last-couple-eventing-seasons plan of throwing everything I own on the trailer and assuming that if I make it to ridecamp with the horse, the rest will work itself out.  Who wants to guess what I'll end up forgetting this time?  Winner gets...a purple livestock marker!

8 comments:

  1. I also just fling everything in the trailer. You'll be fine! Don't forget your girth. Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hey, purple?

    I usually remember ALL the horse stuff and forget something essential for myself. Socks, for example. Or the propane tank for the cook stove. As the season goes on, I forget smaller stuff, like the bag of rice I was going to use for Friday dinner. Fortunately in a ridecamp it's pretty easy to beg or borrow whatever you forget!

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you forget anything, call - I'll have time to stop on my way down, and there is a Tractor Supply very nearby up here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tucker can wear purple zebra stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now if you stash them everywhere around your barn and trailer, you might be able to find one when you need it :)

    I think that 'throw stuff in trailer' is a totally valid packing plan. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well if you are like me you'll forget your pillow and a sleeping bag for yourself and even though it might be in the high 70's during the day it gets darn cold at night! ha!

    ReplyDelete